« Foundry Home Page
Principal Scientific Engineering Associate, Inorganic Nanostructures
M.S. in Chemistry, Miami University, 2006
B.S. in Chemistry, University of Portland, 2003
Tracy Mattox has been a member of the Inorganic Facility at the Molecular Foundry as a Scientific Engineering Associate since 2007.
Tracy’s main focus is assisting users with their research projects (helping design reactions and analyze results). She is well versed in the synthesis of a large number of colloidal systems, making her well equipped to assist users with their protocols. Tracy maintains and assists researchers with multiple analytical tools and is very involved in the safety program at the lab. Time permitting, her personal research interests focus on developing metal boride nanoparticles.
- “Low Temperature Synthesis and Surface Plasmon Resonance of Colloidal Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6) Nanocrystals.” T. M. Mattox, A. Agrawal, D. J. Milliron, Chem. Mater. 2015, 27 (19), 6620–6624.
- “Chemical Controls of Plasmons in Metal Chalcogenides and Metal Oxide Nanostructures.” T. M. Mattox, X. Ye, K. Manthiram, P. J. Schuck, A. P. Alivisatos, and J. J. Urban, Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 5830–5837.
- “Band Gap Tunability in Sb-alloyed BiVO4 Quaternary Oxides as Visible-Light Absorbers for Solar Fuel Applications,” A. Loiudice, J. Ma, W. S. Drisdell, T. M. Mattox, T. Thao, J. K. Cooper, C. Giannini, J. Yano, I. D. Sharp, L.-W. Wang, and R. Buonsanti, Adv. Mater., DOI: 10.1002/adma.201502361
- “Nanocomposite Architecture for Rapid, Spectrally-Selective Electrochromic Modulation of Solar Transmittance,” J. Kim, G. K. Ong, Y. Wang, G. LeBlanc, T. E. Williams, T. M. Mattox, B. A. Helms, Delia J. Milliron, Nano Lett. 2015, 15 (8), pp 5574–5579.
- “Tuning Charge Separation and Transport in Heterostructured Nanocomposite Photoanodes Assembled from Multicomponent Colloidal Nanocrystals” A. Loiudice, J. K. Cooper, L. H. Hess, T. M. Mattox, I. D. Sharp, and R. Buonsanti, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b03871
- "Influence of Shape on the Surface Plasmon Resonance of Tungsten Bronze Nanocrystals," T. M. Mattox, A. Bergerud, A. Agrawal, D. J. Milliron, Chem. Mater.2014, 26(5), 1779-1784.
- "Monodisperse Sn Nanocrystals as a Platform for the Study of Mechanical Damage during Electrochemical Reactions with Li," L. Xu, C. Kim, A. K. Shukla, A. Dong, T. M. Mattox, D. J. Milliron, J. Cabana, Nano Lett., 2013, 13(4), 1800-1805.
All Publications by Tracy Mattox in Foundry database »