Sample-only proposals are requests for materials already available or regularly synthesized at the Foundry, such as routinely generated peptoids or quantum dots. These projects receive accelerated review for feasibility and merit by the Foundry Directorate. Sample-only proposals may be submitted at any time and are evaluated continuously throughout the year.
An executed Materials Transfer Agreement (MTA) is required prior to project activation and shipment of samples, in place of the usual User Agreement.
Materials that may currently be available are listed below. Contact the User Office for more information about these or other materials.
- Luminescent inorganic nanocrystals: Upconverting nanoparticles (ref 1, ref 2); Semiconductor quantum dots (ref 1)
- WO3 nanorods (ref 1)
- LaB6 nanoparticles (ref 1)
- PEDOT-based hybrid thermoelectric materials (ref 1)
- Mg/graphene oxide nanocrystalline hydrogen storage materials (ref 1)
- Inorganic perovskite crystals (ref 1)
- Quinoidal low band gap conjugated polymers (ref 1) More examples of structures and related references available on request.
- Small molecule electron donors and acceptors (ref 1, ref 2)
- Porous organic materials, including covalent organic frameworks, graphitic porous materials (examples of structures and related references available)
- Polyelectrolyte binders (ref 1)
- Nanosheet-forming peptoids (ref 1)
- Peptoid diblock copolymers (ref 1, ref 2)
- Lipitoid 1 (peptoid transfection reagent) (ref 1)
- Plasmids and bacterial strains for expression of electron transfer proteins, i.e. multiheme cytochromes (ref 1, ref 2, ref 3, ref 4)
- Plasmids and bacterial strains for expression of surface layer (S-layer) proteins, i.e. SbpA, SbsB, RsaA (ref)