Individual Hazardous Waste Briefing
MFD 0015 is a Hazardous Waste Briefing for individuals who perform work at the Molecular Foundry. This course is for those who have already completed EHS 0604 EHS Hazardous Waste Training.
The Hazardous Waste Briefing requires an in-person certification knowledge check performed by Carleton Falzone, using your Waste Brief booklet which is provided by your Foundry Activity Lead, PI or onboarding User Office rep., (Mary Padilla).
Instructions for Arranging the Hazardous Waste Briefing
- Complete new user onboarding with the User Program Office representative Mary Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive the Waste Brief booklet at that time.
- Discuss your scope of work with your Foundry Assigned Scientist, Activity Lead, or PI, who will provide you with the necessary Waste Management and On the Job Training using the Waste Brief as a guide.
- Please fill in page 1 with all information requested. Make a copy of this page to keep for your lab notebook, etc. as it contains important bullet points re:Waste Management at the Foundry.
- After your training is complete, bring page 1 to Carleton Falzone’s desk at 3208-L so you can meet with him for an in-person certification of knowledge (while observing all COVID social distancing protocols).
- You can come by anytime for the briefing, you do not need an appointment. *Note- Before you come, please check Carleton’s calendar (Google LBL Calendar Crfalzone@lbl.gov), in case he is giving a class, in a meeting or Out of Office.
- Carleton’s work hours are approximately 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Monday thru Thursday. He will conduct briefings until 12:30 PM.
- If it is within his working hours, but he is not in his cubicle or at a scheduled appointment shown on his calendar, he is out and about in the Foundry. Call his cell, 408.621.5234 and he will return to his cubicle.
You MUST have an ‘ @LBL.gov ‘ e-mail account if you generate waste in the Foundry.
If you are working off-site from Berkeley Lab, in order to log in and certify your waste in the Waste Requisition Module, you must use a VPN (Virtual Private Network or ‘Tunnel’). The Cisco VPN offered by Berkeley Lab can be found here.
Both Windows and Apple clients are offered, if you need assistance with downloading/installing, please contact the IT support desk- 510.486.4357.