Molecular Foundry Proposal Call
The fall 2022 call for standard proposals opens on September 1, 2022, with a submission deadline of September 29, 2022 (we close at 11:59:59 pm, Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time). Applicants will be notified of review outcomes in November, 2022.
Fall 2022 Proposal Call
The Molecular Foundry is accepting standard user research proposals for nanoscale science including:
- Synthesis of inorganic, organic, biological, and hybrid nanostructures
- High-resolution electron, optical, and scanning-probe microscopy
- Theory and simulation of nanostructured materials
- Advanced nano-fabrication
- Method development for increasing throughput of data analysis
- Projects requesting remotely-assisted data analysis or leveraging remotely operable instrumentation
All projects will be subject to any COVID-19 safety limitations.
Create a proposal through the User Portal
How does COVID-19 Impact this Call?
The Molecular Foundry is currently open for on-site research, and remote access to select Foundry capabilities. COVID-19 safety policies at Berkeley Lab may change in the months ahead, as the Lab responds to evolving pandemic conditions. The Foundry will maintain communication with users as the pandemic context evolves and we welcome your questions and ideas on how we might be able to better work with you.
Go to Berkeley Lab’s COVID-19 site for more information
The Molecular Foundry at Berkeley Lab is a national nanoscience research facility available to researchers from around the world through a competitive proposal process — free of charge for non-proprietary work. Foundry users may come from industry, academia, or government institutions.