Faculty Scientist, NCEM
- Postdoctoral Research, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D. Physics, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.S. Physics, North Carolina State University
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University
- B.S. Physics, North Carolina State University
Dr. Scott uses aberration-corrected electron microscopy to characterize materials in two and three dimensions. She is interested in measuring disorder and defects in nanomaterials and connecting these features to the material’s overall functionality. Current topics of study include: Interfaces and grain boundaries; Chemical disorder and strain in nanomaterials; Amorphous metals.