The Molecular Foundry is pleased to offer a limited number of need-based Opportunity Travel Grants to eligible users, in support of approved Standard proposals. Grants will be given to users from institutions in underserved regions (as determined through the Department of Energy’s Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research – EPSCoR), with preference given to first-time users, researchers from Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and early-career researchers.
The Opportunity Travel Grant program is generously supported by SkyDeck, the UC Berkeley startup accelerator. Foundry users who are interested in the SkyDeck program should contact the User Office for more information.
- To be eligible for a travel grant, a user’s home institution must be located in a state designated by the DOE EPSCoR. See the current list of eligible states.
- Ten individual awards of $1,600 each are available in 2018.
- Funds must be used for travel and accommodation expenses in support of a Foundry user project. Funds must be used within one year of the award date.
- To apply for a travel grant, user should complete the relevant section of the Standard proposal form, providing a response to the prompt: “Describe the user’s need for travel support, how the funds would be used, and the potential impact of a travel grant on this project. (150 word limit)”
- Grant applications will be considered only for approved user proposals. Applicants will be notified of the outcome at the time of proposal review outcome notification.